Jackson Rancheria Casino Resort Entertainment



Winter Heating Safety Tips From PG&E

Winter Heating Safety Tips From PG&E

With temperatures expected to drop in the foothills this week, Pacific Gas and Electric Company (PG&E) urges customers to be cautious when heating their homes.  Electric heating devices, such as space heaters, are a home fire hazard when not properly used or monitored. Fuel-burning appliances, such as gas furnaces, stoves and water heaters, can increase the risk of carbon monoxide, a toxic gas, when they are not working properly.  The utility reminds us, space heaters should only be used as a supplemental source of heat. They are not intended to replace the home’s central heating system and, when not used properly, can create serious safety hazards. According to the National Fire Protection Association, heating equipment is the second leading cause of home fires in the United States and from 2009 to 2013, accounted for 56,000 structure fires per year. Nearly half of these fires occur from December through February. The leading contributing factor to space heater fires is heating equipment too close to objects that can burn, such as furniture, clothing, mattresses or bedding.  PG&E urges customers to focus on safely heating their homes as temperatures dip and if customers suspect there is a problem with a natural gas appliance inside their home; call PG&E at 1-800-743-5000. A gas service representative will be dispatched to do a thorough inspection. Also, if you detect carbon monoxide in your home, you should get out immediately and call 911.


Written by This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Additional information