JFD Responds To Several Structure Fires Wednesday

JFD Responds To Several Structure Fires Wednesday 

It was a busy day for the Jackson City Fire department Wednesday. Just after 1:00 pm, a reported commercial structure fire was reported at 1003 Broadway. Jackson Fire crews arrived to the 3 story commercial structure under construction with no smoke showing. Upon investigation, crews found a fire on the second floor which had been knocked down by the buildings fire suppression system.  Once the fire was extinguished, crews began checking for extension along with salvage and overhaul operations.  According to the JFD, the cause of the fire was improper use of a kerosene heater within a structure.  Jackson Fire, along with 2 Cal-Fire engines from Sutter Hill Station preformed mop up operations and restored the fire suppression system to functional use. The JFD reminds everyone that with the colder weather upon us, be sure that you have proper clearances around space heaters and refrain from using space heaters that emit carbon monoxide inside of structures.

 

Written by KVGC Staff

Additional information