AWA Receives A Very Pleasant Surprise Recently

AWA Receives A Very Pleasant Surprise Recently 

The Amador Water Agency recently received a very pleasant surprise.  The AWA has received a refund check for $148,760.00 from the Association of California Water Agencies Joint Powers Insurance Authority.  The windfall was a refund on insurance payments based on the Water Agency’s excellent safety record and infrequent insurance losses.   The AWA Board has approved reinvesting the refund in staff training and safety programs over the next three years.   The Board also recently awarded a contract for tree removal to the Richard M. Stevens Co. of Sutter Creek, to begin removing as many as 450 hazardous trees that threaten water or wastewater facilities throughout the county.  The AWA has received a grant from the California Office of Emergency Services and California Disaster Assistance Act to help fund the project.  The grant covers 75 percent of tree removal costs.  AWA has also received a Cal Fire "Local Assistance for Tree Mortality Grant" to cover the remaining 25 percent cost of Phase I of this project.  The two grants total $27,000.00 for tree removal this season.

Written by KVGC Staff

Additional information